Tuesday 9 October 2012

Hmmm - it's nothing! Be excited!

It seems that whilst I have been doing remarkably little, the month has changed.  Instead of the Indian Summer I was banking on (so as not to have to turn the heating on too early), instead, there was a sudden chill.  And lots of pretty leaves going red and orange and yellow.  But these leaves will cost us money (the heating has gone on - only for a 1 hour period twice a day; the rest of the time seeing me doing an interesting layering thing, on and off with the layers constantly).

So.  My laptop quietly died a little while ago, hence part of the silence.  I have been borrowing Stanley's.  A bit.  He is rather possessive of it and doesn't want it borrowed, really.  He has been slowly rebuilding mine, but with not much time available, this is a slow process.  I persuaded him to let me have his laptop this morning, so I could say something vastly meaningful and terribly well-written here.

Let's wait...

See, sadly, what with the fact I have a mouth full of (no, not shite, shut up Stanley!) someone else's enormous teeth (do injections not make you feel like that?) because of my dental visit this morning, it appears my brain has gone a bit south.  So there's not much here for you.  It's a tragic state of affairs.  A massive gap in the blog, and when you come back - one of those unsatisfying wonky posts about how I have nothing much to say.  I mean: I could go on about how Fluffhead had yet another headbang and we ended up down in casualty AGAIN, with the world's most plaguiest children.  And I might actually be able to make it somewhat amusing.  But I feel like we already had a Fluffhead headbang post; regardless of the changes, we've been there.

I could waffle about how I am having one of those intermittent crises I have about whether I should be devoting loads more time to writing or spiritual questing, in order to have both a sounder basis in pursuing life, and a sounder basis in thinking of it - all calm.  I think most writers have a very good idea Who They Are, and this facilitates doing something as definitive as Writing A Book.  I am constantly wavering back and forthly, and changing my mind and my emphases (adaptability or simply wishy-washyness - depends whether you are talking to someone who likes me, or someone who doesn't - and both those people are in my head, regardless of anyone outsidey like...).  So - I could talk of that.  But I won't.  The amount of time I have is the amount of time I have - and its not much, and I often spend it sleeping, in order to better be able to do my Fluffhead job to the best of my ability (a Fluffhead is very draining).  So really, I should stop kerfuffling, and accept I don't have much time and that I often quite rightly put the emphasis where it needs to be: mental alertness for Fluffhead job.  I will have to get to the writing and spiritual questing whenever I do, and just be...adaptable.  (Ha - take that, person in my own head who doesn't like me!)

I could detail and review for you exactly how scarily many Dr Who books I have been reading (of the original Target range, the Virgin New Adventures, the Virgin Missing Adventures, the BBC Past Doctor Adventures and the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures) - I'm sure *someone* would find those reviews interesting - but that will have to wait, as those files are backed up on my external hardrive.  And I don't appear to have the right lead to connect it to this computer; only my original laptop.  That would have been an almost ready written post too; and one I have been thinking of.  Annoying.

You know what?  I'm going to let this post stand as a lesson to myself: just cos I have a bit of time, don't imagine I have something to say!

I'll be back later.  Hopefully WITH something to say.  And a restored laptop.  And a hard-drive full of partially written posts I can actually access!




No comments:

Post a Comment